Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Japan


The play is very short and a bit complicated. I like how loyalty plays a big role in the play. What I understood about the play was that the lord Yotitimo was trying to capture his brother Yoshitsune after he escaped from him. I guess he wanted freedom. I mean I would’ve done the same thing, after a while you need to become independent. The whole time Togashi who worked for the master Yotimo was blocking the roads so no prisoners could pass by. Benkei who worked for Yoshitsune came up with this brilliant idea to liberate him and it actually worked. At the end of the play although Togashi figured out the skeem he decided to let them go. For the simple fact that it fascinated him so much. He was so fasitnated by how loyal and determined he was. Loyal to his master and lord and determined to pass the road. This is why I said loyal plays a big role in the play. I would dare to say it’s the moral of the play. Loyalty

2 comments: