Wednesday, February 9, 2011

“Trifles: by: Susan Glaspell (1916)

“Trifles: by: Susan Glaspell (1916)

I’ll start off by saying the play is amazing! I can’t believe this was written in 1916. My favorite character in the play has to be Mrs. Wright although she doesn’t act on the play there’s a lot you learn from what others say.  I believe that Mrs. Wright killed her husband only because he dragged her to do so. I sense she wasn’t happy with her marriage and neither was she in love. I think the bird is a symbolism of Mrs. Wright how she was before marriage. She was; young, full of life, joyful, liberal, and fun to be around just like a bird. Afterwards she was trapped and killed by her husband .Not physically but mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I mean it’s obvious this lady wasn’t in her 5 senses and it’s obvious she was lifeless.  Who knows since this play was from 1916 maybe this marriage was arranged, and maybe neither or them weren’t happy with their lives. That would explain Mr. Wrights “dryness”

No comments:

Post a Comment